October 23 (Wednesday) at 5:15 pm
2 hours 30 minutes
Back Studio (2)
This Beginner Yoga series will let you begin with the basics! We will begin to study the 3rd limb of yoga, Asana, and then explore the benefits, contraindications, anatomy & how to find YOUR version of the pose lead by Elise Simon (IG: @elisesimonyoga )
Guiding you into a shape and giving space to really feel whats happening in your body, starting with your feet and moving up with safety and alignment in mind. This slow exploration allows you to gain muscle memory, which will help create a safe and sustainable, life long practice. Each class will begin with a gentle warm up and Sun Salutations then focusing on a different family of poses - front body, back body, twists, bends, balancing & inversions.
Week One: Warm Ups - 2.5hr
- Six movements of the Spine
- Individual joint warm ups & sun salutations
Week Two: Back & Front Body - 2.5hr
- How to find your variation & usage of props.
- Tension vs. compression. Up & over.
- Hinging in the hips & lengthening through the spine.
Week Three: Twists & Bends - 2.5hr
- Importance of twists, how to wring the organs
- Lengthening through the spine while creating space in the lungs
- Movement guided by breath
Week Four: Balancing & Inversions - 2.5hr
- Finding the value in balance & How To's
- Toe exercises, focal points, using hands as feet
- Full body & Core engagement.
Week Five: Full Body Practice - 2hr
- Putting it all into a practice, going over everything we have covered together
- Q & A
- Continuing your practice
**This class is helpful to ALL levels. It is a great opportunity to refresh and get those questions answered or to start our practice from a fresh start!!**
Sundays @ 615PM starting JANUARY 5TH!
FULL COURSE: $90 for all 5 Weeks
INDIVIDUAL CLASS: $20 Pre-register through PunchPass for individual classes
QUESTIONS: Email [email protected]
**Please e-mail [email protected] if money is a barrier and you want to take this course**
Sorry - that class has already taken place!